NEGOTIATION & CONFLICT MANAGEMENT IN PROJECTSFree
About this course
|Total PDU : 14
Duration : 2 days
Negotiation and conflict resolution are integral parts of daily life and working with people. Managers need the skill to handle people problems before they affect performance whether the problems are within the team or with clients, customers, and stakeholders. This course covers the foundations of negotiation, negotiation strategy including planning and framing and how to recognize and prepare for the phases of a negotiation.
Another aspect of working with people is how to deal with the inevitable conflicts that may arise. Managers are called upon to resolve conflicts not only within their teams but also with clients, customers, and other stakeholders. This course will also cover constructive and destructive conflict.
Managers, Executives, Project Managers, Project Team Members
- Understand the negotiation process
- Plan for negotiations more effectively
- Recognize the different types of power and understand each type
- Recognize the negotiation traps and how to avoid them
- Develop an action plan for improving your negotiations skills
- Understand the purpose of conflict
- Changing what you do for a different outcome
- Feeding the solution not the problem
- Choosing appropriate conflict
- Creating win-win: achieving resolution
- Getting to the core of the problem
Overview of Negotiations
- Variables of negotiation – power, time, information
- Managing expectations
- Various negotiating styles
- Phased approach to negotiations
- Similarity to project management phases
- Negotiation life cycle
- Strategies and tactics
How to Negotiate?
- How to use objective criteria
- How to evaluate available options
- Developing a negotiation strategy
- Conducting negotiation
- Developing responses to overcome used tactics
- How to negotiate effectively to get to a win/win outcome?
- How can you use well established negotiation strategies to resolve conflicts?
What is Conflict?
- Typical conflicts at various stages of Project Management Life Cycle
- How conflicts evolve?
- What is good or bad about conflicts?
- What is the life cycle of conflicts?
- How conflicts escalate?
How to Handle Conflicts?
- How many different ways can you approach a conflict and what are their advantages and disadvantages?
- How to systematically analyze conflicts based on the benefits to you or the other party and how to use this knowledge to resolve them?
- How to decline a request while avoiding conflicts?
- What is an effective conflict resolution process?
- How to use a 6-step conflict resolution formula?
What types of Conflict Resolution are there?
I win You lose
You win I lose
No one wins
We both lose
We both win
We get to go round again