PRACTICAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT SIMULATIONFree
About this course
|Total PDU : 21
Duration : 3 days
Successful Project Management goes beyond maintaining realistic expectation levels and completing projects within budget, scope, time and resource constraints.
Today, the need to facilitate and to participate in high performing project teams requires a new application of team collaboration; clear and elevating project goal setting; high performance and quality standards and a culture of cross-functional and self-directing teams, in order for companies of the future to survive in a world of managing and succeeding by projects.
Project Management is not just science but also an art. Managing projects also means managing people of various skills, cultures, attitudes and aptitudes.
Participants attending this course will implement a real-life project using a simulation tool. This tool will challenge the participants with real life project issues and guide participants through with various solutions for the problems.
This course is tailored for Project Managers, project leaders and also project team members. It is also suitable for anyone who has been involved in any kind of projects (technical and non-technical).
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understanding of how strategies are implemented as projects
- Factors for a successful project implementation
- How to apply international standards and best practices in project management
- The Project Management Life Cycle and where and how to use the 10 PMI® Knowledge areas
- How to plan effectively
- Techniques to execute, monitor and control
- The importance of effectively working in teams to ensure project success
- Realise/ Feel the skills are required to manage projects through our simulation practical activities
- Continuous improvement through lessons learned
- Introduction to Project framework
- What are Projects?
- Projects are implementations of strategies
- Why projects fail?
- Importance of Project Management standards and methodologies
- Project Management Life Cycle
- Project Management overview – addressing the 10 Project Management knowledge areas of the PMBOKÒ for a successful implementation
- Project Initiation
- Purpose of a Project Charter
- Stakeholders of a Project
- Project Planning:
- Project Scope, Work Breakdown Structure
- Project Schedule, Project Milestones, Identify the Critical Path
- Cost – Plan the Budget
- Quality Plan
- Resource Planning
- Plan for HR – Get the right people to do the right activity – Personality Profiling
- Communication Plan, Procurement methods
- Risk Management Plan
- Direct & Manage Execution
- Monitoring & Controlling Techniques
- Managing Change and Conflicts
- Close the project & Record Lessons Learned
- THROUGHOUT THE SESSIONS A SIMULATION TOOL WILL BE USED TO SIMULATE A REAL-LIFE PROJECT