A dynamic organization is constantly experiencing change. Without change there is no progress and the organization will either stand still or slide back. Change is necessary to increase the ‘business value’ of the organization and to keep the organization ‘future proof’.
Projects are the vehicles of change within the organization. Any change needs to be effected through the implementation of a project and normally every project comes with a significant amount of change. That is why change management and project management are closely related.
Change needs to be closely managed and therefore good Change Management practices in Projects are crucial for a successful organization. This training module provides a comprehensive knowledge of the processes and practices that are part of change management projects. It is an ideal training for all those who are currently involved in projects that include change or who will be in the future.
This training demonstrates the critical knowledge and skills required in Change Management. It provides participants with strong knowledge of the fundamentals of change management and the tools, techniques and templates that apply.
This course is tailored for all those who are and/or will be directly or indirectly involved in change initiatives and who have not attended formal Change Management training. Examples are but not limited to:
- Senior Managers, Managers, Department Heads, Team Leaders, HR Specialists, Business Analysts, Members of the Transformation department, etc.
- Comprehend why and when change is necessary
- Learn about the fundamental characteristics of change in projects
- Understand the success factors for implementation of change
- Learn the importance of Change Management methodologies
- Learn about Stakeholders and their roles in change management
- Understand the role of project governance in relation to change
- Learn how to bring about change and to overcome change inertia and/or resistance
- Learn about tools and techniques used in change management
- Learn the importance of controlling the change management processes
- Understand what skills are required to manage and support change
- Origin of Change in the organization
- Why so many change management projects fail
- Critical success factors
- Fundamentals of a change management project
- Change Management Methodologies and Best Practices
- Tools and Techniques for Change Management
- The Life Cycle of Change
- How to make Change permanent?
- Managing the scope of change
- How to determine the business benefits of change
- Risk Management and change
- Knowledge management, knowledge transfer and the ‘learning’ organization
- Skills needed to be an Agent of Change