Design thinking is a human-centered, iterative problem-solving process of discovery, ideation, and experimentation that employs various design-based techniques to gain insight and yield innovative solutions for virtually any type of organizational or business challenge.
This course is designed for any business leader, professional, manager or individual contributor wishing to gain practical know-how on the principles, process and tools of Design Thinking.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Acquire a deep understanding of the Design Thinking principles, process and tools
- Understand the mindsets of a design thinker
- Apply the Design Thinking framework as a structured process to solve problems, generate breakthrough ideas and co-create an improved customer experience journey
- Key Concepts & Principles of Design Thinking
- The Mindsets of a Design Thinker
- EMPATHIZE: Understanding the Customer/User
- DEFINE: Framing the Opportunity
- IDEATE: Exploring Ideas & Solutions
- PROTOTYPE: Building & Visualizing Ideas & Solutions
- TEST: Reviewing & Deciding Solutions
Sonia K Sarpal
Ms Sonia Kumari Raj Kumar (Sonia K Sarpal) is currently an active consultant and trainer for various industries – ranging from SME, GLC, Preschool, Retail and Food Retail and much more.
Sonia is a HRDF certified trainer and passionate in developing minds, and inspiring people to reach their optimal performance in the field of branding, sales & marketing, business development and strategy and operational excellence.
Sonia has a Honours Degree in Nutrition and Community Health. She is currently pursuing her MBA with the University of Wales Trinity St David. Sonia used to be a Regional Consumer Marketing Manager at Nestlé, the world’s largest food and beverage company that focussed on enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. She was responsible for developing category & brand vision and strategy as well as sales and trade marketing activities across ASEAN region (for Nestle Confectionery) – for Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam in brand planning and activities averaging double digit growth in region. She has also got experience in opening new markets in developing markets (Myanmar), as well as opening flagship stores for the Kit Kat Brand.
Sonia has over 20 years of experience with her expertise in Sales and Marketing, Branding, Strategy Development, Operational Excellence, Sales and Trade Marketing, New Brand Launch, Product Launch, Events Management, Ad development, P&L management, Project Management, Team Management, Regional Brand Management, Consumer Insights, Digital Marketing, ATL Agency Management.