If you need to know your balance sheets from your profit and loss statements and essentials of financial management, then this programme is for you.
Senior executives are often promoted for technical and operational excellence. But without a background in finance, when it comes to the numbers, they find themselves reliant on finance managers and accountants.
Finance for Non-Finance Managers & Executives programme, demystifies finance in an accessible, relatable environment. You will gain a working knowledge of the key financial tasks you need to fulfil as an executive or manager. You will become confident with financial terms and processes. And you will hone your financial sense to know when things are going well—and when something is not right.
This programme focuses on sound financial decision-making, evaluating sound financial investment proposals, making sense of financial reports and the essentials of budgeting and costing. You will gain the basic foundation in finance you need to become more effective in your role, enabling you to lead your organisation without fear of ‘the numbers’.
- Junior to middle level managers and executives with little or no formal financial training
- Managers and executives seeking to improve their knowledge of accounting and financial management to become more effective in their workplace.
- Understand key financial accounting terms
- Make sense of financial reports
- Measure financial performance
- Understand core concepts for financing your business
- Undertake financial planning and budgeting
- Evaluate financial investment proposals.
- Introduction to Basic Financial Accounting
- Financing the Business
- Capital Budgeting & Investment Project Appraisal
- Measuring Corporate Financial Performance
- Financial Planning, Budgeting & Balance Scorecard
- Devaraju Joseph DBA (Finance) (Den), MBA (Applied Finance & Investment) UKM, B.Soc.Sc.(Hons) (Econs) USM, IIA (USA), CMIIA, MMIM, ERMA (UK & PARIMA (S’pore)
- Profile Synopsis Devaraju, is a HRDF Certified Trainer. He has conducted and facilitated many professional practical courses tailored-made for both and local foreign executives and senior government staff, in areas relating to performance management, factory cost management, credit control management, internal audit best practices, financial reporting-IFRS, corporate finance, budgeting & budgetary control, risk management, management accounting specifically relating to manufacturing, insurance and banking industry.He has been active in the banking and general insurance industry for over 25 years. Had a short project stint as VP (Risk Management, Quality Assurance & Training) at The Malaysian Insurance Institute. During his tenure in a DRB subsidiary general insurance company as a Finance and Credit Control Head, he worked closely with regulatory authority like BNM on JPI, MNRB, local and foreign brokers, foreign re-insurers and insurance agents. He authored a Credit Control Manual for general insurance business in line with BNM regulatory guidelinesHe also member of PARIMA (Pan Asia Risk & Insurance Management Association, S’pore) and does research on global enterprise risk management, strategic management and corporate governance.Devaraju is a Chartered Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia and the Institute of Internal Auditors Incorporated (USA). He held the position of Chief Editor KIT-Magazine of Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia and actively help organize some successful National/International Conferences on ‘Internal Audit Best Practices and Corporate Governance’ in Kuala Lumpur. He is also Full Member of the Malaysian Institute of Management. In 2014, he held a position of Corporate Training Adviser and ACCA Senior Lecturer at London School of Accountancy & Finance, Jakarta, Indonesia.Devaraju has extensive experience in developing and delivering courses in financial analysis, risk management internal auditing and performance management training programmes from mid-level to senior level managers. His style is highly interactive, encouraging participation by delegates in group discussions and team work using real-case study approach.He has advised some government linked GLCs and SMEs on their corporate financial restructuring and due diligence audit with PwC on acquisition.Devaraju helped developed in-house corporate manpower training programmes on Factory Cost Management, Credit Control Management, Corporate Finance, Internal Audit best practices, Forensic Accounting, Fraud Detection Methods, ERM, Budgetary Control, International Financial Reporting (IFRS/IAS/MFRS/MPERS) and Balance Scorecard.