Negotiation and conflict resolution are integral parts of daily life and working with people. Managers need the skill to handle people problems before they affect performance whether the problems are within the team or with clients, customers, and stakeholders. This course covers the foundations of negotiation, negotiation strategy including planning and framing and how to recognize and prepare for the phases of a negotiation.
Another aspect of working with people is how to deal with the inevitable conflicts that may arise. Managers are called upon to resolve conflicts not only within their teams but also with clients, customers, and other stakeholders. This course will also cover constructive and destructive conflict.
Managers, Executives, Project Managers, Project Team Members
The course helps participants:
- Understand the negotiation process
- Plan for negotiations more effectively
- Recognize the different types of power and understand each type
- Recognize the negotiation traps and how to avoid them
- Develop an action plan for improving your negotiations skills
- Understand the purpose of conflict
- Changing what you do for a different outcome
- Feeding the solution not the problem
- Choosing appropriate conflict
- Creating win-win: achieving resolution
- Getting to the core of the problem
- Overview of Negotiations
- Negotiations Process
- How to Negotiate?
- What is Conflict?
- How to Handle Conflicts?
- Problem Resolution