Program management is the centralised, coordinated management of a program to achieve the program’s strategic benefits and objectives. Organisations are increasingly seeking to better integrate and coordinate multiple projects to deliver business value. A Program Management Professional (PgMP®) oversees programs, defines projects and assigns project managers.
Be Recognised for Your Elite-level Capabilities
PgMP® certification is PMI’s most elite qualification – proving that you have the advanced experience, knowledge and skills necessary to define and oversee multiple projects, and deliver on important organisational objectives.
The Project Management Institute’s Program Management Professional credential (PgMP®) defines the global standard of best practices for program management professionals. As a result of attending this course, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to successfully deliver programs in real world and prepare for the PgMP® certification exam. Good Program Management practices are crucial for a successful Program Benefits. Delivering timely and maximising resources to produce quality results are crucial
This training module is for Program managers, Project managers, VPs/AVPs, PMO / PMO consultants, and anyone leading a large-scale programs.
To apply for the PgMP, you need to have either:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent), with at least four years (6,000 hours) of project management experience and seven years (10,500 hours) of program management experience.OR
- A four year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent), with at least four years (6,000 hours) of project management experience and four years (6,000 hours) of program management experience.
- Training Handout – The Complete Reference Guide for PgMP Certification
- Assist in completion of PgMP application
- PgMP® Exam Prep Course oriented Tips & Traps
- PgMP® Exam Prep Practice Questions – A very good input.
- Industry oriented Practical Tips, Case Studies
- Learn the critical knowledge and skills required in Program Management Professional.
- Provides participants a good idea about Program and what is expected of them.
- Learn the right, proper and common terminologies and good practices that will help achieve program success.
- Learn the tips and tricks for exam success and exam practice questions.
- What is PgMP?
- What is a Program?
- What do PgMPs need to know?
- Domain 1: Strategic Program Management
Identifying opportunities and benefits that achieve the organization’s strategic objectives
through program implementation
- Domain 2: Program Life Cycle
Activities related to:
- Initiating. Defining the program and constituent projects, and obtaining agreement from stakeholders
- Planning. Defining program scope and developing the program, including all constituent projects, and all activities that occur within the program
- Executing. Performing work necessary to achieve the program’s objectives and deliver the program’s benefits
- Controlling. Monitoring progress, updating program plans as required, managing change and risk
- Closing. Finalizing all program activities, including all constituent projects, executing transition plan, archiving, obtaining approvals, and reporting
- Domain 3: Benefits Management
Defining, creating, maximizing, and sustaining the benefits provided by programs
- Domain 4: Stakeholder Management
Capturing stakeholder needs and expectations, gaining and maintaining stakeholder support, and mitigating/channeling opposition
- Domain 5: Governance
Establishing processes and procedures for maintaining proactive program management oversight and decision-making support for applicable policies and practices throughout the entire program life cycle
- Exam Qualifications and Tips